A Conversation With the Sun

Dewdrops freezing on the surface of leaves
Like ice glistening in a long forgotten, frozen sea
Ice bergs have been floating in the same ocean,
For an eternity
Wouldn't you rise from the mountains?
Yes I am talking to you, the mighty Sun.

Sliver of light in the clouds
Is all I have seen for long now
Skin has melted, now the soul shivers too
Away, far far away, all the birds flew
Wouldn't you make a blazing shameless appearance?
Yes I am talking to you, the mighty Sun.

I think you lost your way once again
Turning my home into a hell in the process
And shining gloriously upon some other haven
Left are no blossoms,no twigs,no grass green
And withered have all the brave men
Wouldn't you have mercy even after aeons?
Yes I am talking to you, the mighty Sun!

Pray, shower upon us some sunshine
Say , you come here once in a while
And along with you,do bring some warmth wrapped smiles
This is all I wish and understands no one.
So I talk to you, yes you, the mighty Sun.

6 comments:

  1. the last para blacks out everything else .. nice work ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very beautiful albeit painful request.. touches one's soul. I must read ur pennings now that I have visited it here per chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both :)means a lot! and Purvi hope u find the other stuff nice too that I have attempted..I write for myself so its not strictly poetry..its me garbing at most of the times :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Supriya (wud rather love to call U supps :P), I love to read garbled tales and gibberish on self.. and this is rather astounding, what U wrote! So would love love to read ur work, esp when its recommended now :):) Hope to see U drop in sometime, if ever, at my blog.. taht is rather a mundane munching of my own mind! ;) :D
    *See, I chatter more than U? ;) :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last para is touching indeed...Very nicely written ...a perfect example of thoughts expressed in an untimely manner !!
    1 of the most beautiful of poems I've read in a few years

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nicely phrased supp ji :) :)..betta become a " poetess".....last para is astounding....:)..

    ReplyDelete