haya na aayi unhe jab khilkhilaake hasi woh
wafa mujhe zaroor ho gayi
jafa-e-ishq unka aisa,
nigahein utha ke bhi na ek bar dekha
mehar phir bhi us khuda ki ho gayi
Rukh par unke lagaye taktaki
shab se nisha ho gayi
saans rok kar palkon ke uthne ka,
jhukne ka, karte gaye intezaar
befazool aisi meri aadton ki inteha ho gayi
Hamari maujoodagi me woh parda karein to karein
Zulfien unki bandishein todkar befikri ho gayi
fana jo na hue hum un beparwah
behichak behaya adaaon pe toh
had haamari kafiri ki ho gayi
Sehra-e-tanhai dil me mere
mulzim tasveer unki ho gayi
aashiqon ko ruswa kare woh amooman
ajnabi bane rehne ki unki raza me
ek poori ghazal ho gayi
English translation:
she felt no shyness when she laughed merrily
but I definitely fell in love
her love is a disloyal love
not once she looked at me through her eye lashes
but I still felt the blessings of almighty
Looking endlessly at her face
day turned into night
having held my breath I have waited
for her eyes to look up and look down
this inconsequential habit of mine does not ever cease
Let her hide her face in my presence if she wants to
but her hair strands have broken shackles and they wave around carelessly
if I dont give up myself in her love, when she is her careless, carefree, unbridled self
I would end up an atheist who does not believe even in love
there is a desert of loneliness in my heart
her image has to be blamed for it (for she never comes,I just have the image)
she does not care for her admirers usually
she wants us to remain strangers, and in the acceptance of her conditions
I penned a complete song.
wafa mujhe zaroor ho gayi
jafa-e-ishq unka aisa,
nigahein utha ke bhi na ek bar dekha
mehar phir bhi us khuda ki ho gayi
Rukh par unke lagaye taktaki
shab se nisha ho gayi
saans rok kar palkon ke uthne ka,
jhukne ka, karte gaye intezaar
befazool aisi meri aadton ki inteha ho gayi
Hamari maujoodagi me woh parda karein to karein
Zulfien unki bandishein todkar befikri ho gayi
fana jo na hue hum un beparwah
behichak behaya adaaon pe toh
had haamari kafiri ki ho gayi
Sehra-e-tanhai dil me mere
mulzim tasveer unki ho gayi
aashiqon ko ruswa kare woh amooman
ajnabi bane rehne ki unki raza me
ek poori ghazal ho gayi
English translation:
she felt no shyness when she laughed merrily
but I definitely fell in love
her love is a disloyal love
not once she looked at me through her eye lashes
but I still felt the blessings of almighty
Looking endlessly at her face
day turned into night
having held my breath I have waited
for her eyes to look up and look down
this inconsequential habit of mine does not ever cease
Let her hide her face in my presence if she wants to
but her hair strands have broken shackles and they wave around carelessly
if I dont give up myself in her love, when she is her careless, carefree, unbridled self
I would end up an atheist who does not believe even in love
there is a desert of loneliness in my heart
her image has to be blamed for it (for she never comes,I just have the image)
she does not care for her admirers usually
she wants us to remain strangers, and in the acceptance of her conditions
I penned a complete song.
Amazing.. good to see u posting some things in hindi too.! :) really like the thought behind the second one.! cheers.!
ReplyDeleteHave you penned the original... ??? If you have .. take a bow dear... it was like reading a professional urdu lyricist. (You can kill me for questioning but this is that good)
ReplyDeletehaha Siddharth I do write in Urdu sometimes and this is an original :) I don't put unoriginal stuff on my blog :) Thank you for liking it! :) Its not as good as you make it sound to be :) But thanks :)
ReplyDeleteare you fukin kidding me? go get ur mental well being checked.. and.. Yes i still find it hard to believe this is purely your work...
ReplyDeleteNot because I doubt you but really because it is that good... The urdu is just right,
the metaphors so brilliantly intertwined...
Hamari maujoodagi me woh parda karein to karein
Zulfien unki bandishein todkar befikri ho gayi
Sehra-e-tanhai dil me mere
mulzim tasveer unki ho gayi
The whole thing kiddo.. Might sound like I am exaggerating .. but I dont care I found it that good..
Oh thankyou. I did not realize it is as good as you think it is. My urdu is limited but not scarce. My mom used to read Urdu poetry when I was a kid and being a precocious kid that I was, I enjoyed the poetry and ghazals which always played at my house. I find Urdu romantic, poetic like French. I like to learn it as much as I can and to exercise that knowledge, I write sometimes :) Thank you for liking it and appreciating it :) None of my other friends know or speak Urdu so getting a comment from you reinforces the fact that may be I should write more :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I usually translate it for those other friends :) So that they at least get the meaning if not the essence. Check out Khali makaan. Its not Urdu though.
ReplyDeleteOh you should write more.. and if you would like I would love to write along with you ..
ReplyDeleteI have desperately lost the urge to write after I found Lashiya.. no more voids i guess :)
But it is something i used to enjoy doing and dont get the motivation to ...
Anyway in order to not degrade blogger to a chat client .. I will end that here.. but let me know if you are interested in writing together...
Haha..its not like I have any voids or some major pain or anything. I just draw inspiration from the atmosphere around and try to write a little bit. It also stems from the fear of hitting writer's block. So regular blogging keeps the writer alive in me. And yes lets pen something together :)
ReplyDelete