I have been trying to cross the bridge
Which is precariously held on the pillars of hope
One end shows an enlightening fire
And the other is full of choking smoke.
Where shall I eventually reside?
This side of the bridge or the other side?
Greener may be the meadows there
But alive are even the fallen leaves on this side.
Destiny they say, has to be fulfilled
And meanings of prophecies realized
But isn't that enlightening fire, dangerously hot,
And that choking smoke, a soothing tide?
May be I will get my answers at the center of the bridge
If I analyze both sides with an impartial eye
I may walk on a path forward or backward,
Yet the decision, right or wrong, shall be mine.
Greener may be the meadows there
ReplyDeleteBut alive are even the fallen leaves on this side.
the pick of all .. I think this is one of the best poems i have read ... on blogsphere atleast ... not exaggerating .. i have read many ... you should seriously send this particular one .. very very simple in words and very profound in the essence . The end you gave to the oft prevailing dilemma too was perfect ...
hey!! i didn know u have put a comment :) thanks! i dont think they are good enough to b published but comin from u, it means a lot ! thanks :)
ReplyDelete