note: a first on train and written while traveling in the train :) here its flow of random thoughts in a more prose like fashion than poetry..
Traveled so many times by train
But this ones a bit more special
It leads to the destination
Of all my dreams and final-
Outcome lies at the end
Of this journey
When all my prayers would be answered
and to me, peace shall be rendered.
The stops and small small stations
That the train is passing by
Show all the forgotten moments
Which came in my life and whizzed past me.
A day or two is left
For a new beginning to start
All the hard work to be rewarded
Save me Almighty so that I don't fall apart.
Beautiful strangers all around
But no one to pour my feelings out to
Everyone seems embarked on a different journey
Yet the same thought, they all come back to
Of achieving their own goals
And hopefully reaching Chennai by noon.
Someone beside me is reading a book that I have already read
The characters in it ,in my mind
are still fresh
It makes me smile seeing him so engrossed in it
'Cos I know the end of it which is happy yet unexpected.
The breeze and the different sounds in a train
I always thought were overrated
Yet I am enjoying them
To the fullest
Well in a few moments
Everyone would be asleep
But I'd have to be awake
Owing to a ticket that is RAC.
Staring into the darkness
Is the job ahead
Hope I capture some nice view
And keep it safe in my head
And remember this beautiful journey
By that view and not just the destination
Start or this journey's end.
:) a very nice one, different from ur previous ones in the sense you dint really try to write a poem but gave more attention to just penning your 'train' of thoughts (pun intended :P)
ReplyDeleteLoved the contrast between the profound and the prosaic in the lines "embarking on a journey, hoping to achieve goals n reach chennai by noon" and also how ppl around you have to sleep, but you have to stay awake, cos of RAC. Although you might not have intended the profoundness in the that last one :P
Good luck on your journey, hope to join you soon :)
thanks :) i hope so too :)
ReplyDelete