So many things happen in the course of time that I wonder if I start documenting each thing, I would never get to sleep! But at the same time I dont like not being able to remember those moments perfectly after a while when I really want to. So here are, a few things that I wanted to write about for sometime now.
Music: It happened to me at a very young age ( I am not old by the way :)). I appreciate music as much as I can and I am liberal to the point where I can listen to really cacophonous stuff once or twice and be glad at that. Sometimes really random music gets to my senses like nothing else.It takes me to clouds above clouds. Some music shakes my deepest core and brings tears in my eyes without even really feeling any agony or sadness. I am not talking about the tears at beauty of the music but what it invokes in me, or how it makes me empathize with the emotion felt there. I used to have the ability to listen to music and do other things simultaneously like studying for instance but now I feel at times, that its an insult to music.However, it sometimes can make you concentrate much more on what you are really doing.I like everything in music, beats,rhythm,lyrics,even slight timbers of instruments unheard at the first listen and slight embers of emotions not felt unless that song/instrumental piece is heard over and over.My biggest fear is ( not darkness,lizards or anything huge or minute) that I would not be able to find a song that I heard somewhere and whose artist or lyrics or anything is unknown to me or sometimes when even the tune fades away from my memory and it leaves me panicked and I worry and worry and pressurize my brain to find that treasured tune from some random corner of my brain so that at least I can hum it to someone to get the whereabouts of that song :)
Dance: I have never learnt dance in my life so far and its one of the biggest regrets of mine. I wish I could move and be flexible like all those agile dancers but no I cant do it. Its a goal that I would learn at least one dance forms before I go away from this world.However this does not mean that I don shake my legs now and then and other body parts too ;) I dance like a kid when ever I do, I dance like there is no tomorrow and with every possible shard of that solid energy that I have saved up in me for such occasions. It revives me, it brings me back to life and since I am a thinker, I live in my own world of agony, miseries and dreams so crazy dancing makes me feel real and a part of this mundane world, something I do to come out of my cocoon.There is nothing better than hours and hours of uninhibited and carefree dancing on numbers that I would not usually listen to on my ipod.
Bollywood/Hollywood: This happened to me even before I got into the two above mentioned things. Its a lifeline. No I am not a fanatic. I don't have favourite actors/actresses. I used to, as an adolescent.But something about movies and these people is unreal, something intangible and it infuriates me that I cant skin them to bring them/these to my sense of reality.I get obsessed with some of their lives and some of the movies and scenes. I have loved bollywood for well over 15 years now ( add a few tamil and telugu movies to this list too ). I dont try to dignify it by calling it hindi film industry. I like it the way I have always known it to be. I love their music, dance, exaggerated sense of emotions, drama and relationships ( barring some real crap) I absolutely loathe bad acting. I will discuss some other time what is good acting for me. But having been brought up with bollywood ( part of routine), has given me some sense of differentiating between good/bad acting hence this self proclaimed film critic attitude :) This movie world is one of the biggest sources of my entertainment. I feel closer to characters on shows/movies than I would feel to some of the people.I love it and would always, however much people call it time wasting or ask me to get a life!
Basketball: Pure adrenalin rush this is. Purest of pure forms of it, I have felt on a basketball court during matches and practice sessions. I would get up at 5, 4,3 only for this sport and drag my physical frame to the court for this love of my life.It has taught me so much! To never give up even when I am trailing like a real loser. To never stop helping your team mate however injured you are.To lead when all hope is gone of winning a match and play till the last drop of your sweat.I dont play as well as I appear to because of my love for this game but I play enough to keep playing it all my life. I can spend hours on a basketball court and not feel bored or tired. It fills me up with a sense of belonging and is another home. It does not require anything else but my loyalty and love for the sport played on it.
I have loved books too but I would dedicate whole another outpouring for them!These things have made me who I am and probably who I would be for years to come. I get filled up with hope in this hopeless world as I feel, I at least have these to back me even when people are gone.The best friends who do not expect anything in return. No apologies, no guilt,no sense of betrayal from them :) Just pure two way love!
Life is beautiful because of these.
Music: It happened to me at a very young age ( I am not old by the way :)). I appreciate music as much as I can and I am liberal to the point where I can listen to really cacophonous stuff once or twice and be glad at that. Sometimes really random music gets to my senses like nothing else.It takes me to clouds above clouds. Some music shakes my deepest core and brings tears in my eyes without even really feeling any agony or sadness. I am not talking about the tears at beauty of the music but what it invokes in me, or how it makes me empathize with the emotion felt there. I used to have the ability to listen to music and do other things simultaneously like studying for instance but now I feel at times, that its an insult to music.However, it sometimes can make you concentrate much more on what you are really doing.I like everything in music, beats,rhythm,lyrics,even slight timbers of instruments unheard at the first listen and slight embers of emotions not felt unless that song/instrumental piece is heard over and over.My biggest fear is ( not darkness,lizards or anything huge or minute) that I would not be able to find a song that I heard somewhere and whose artist or lyrics or anything is unknown to me or sometimes when even the tune fades away from my memory and it leaves me panicked and I worry and worry and pressurize my brain to find that treasured tune from some random corner of my brain so that at least I can hum it to someone to get the whereabouts of that song :)
Dance: I have never learnt dance in my life so far and its one of the biggest regrets of mine. I wish I could move and be flexible like all those agile dancers but no I cant do it. Its a goal that I would learn at least one dance forms before I go away from this world.However this does not mean that I don shake my legs now and then and other body parts too ;) I dance like a kid when ever I do, I dance like there is no tomorrow and with every possible shard of that solid energy that I have saved up in me for such occasions. It revives me, it brings me back to life and since I am a thinker, I live in my own world of agony, miseries and dreams so crazy dancing makes me feel real and a part of this mundane world, something I do to come out of my cocoon.There is nothing better than hours and hours of uninhibited and carefree dancing on numbers that I would not usually listen to on my ipod.
Bollywood/Hollywood: This happened to me even before I got into the two above mentioned things. Its a lifeline. No I am not a fanatic. I don't have favourite actors/actresses. I used to, as an adolescent.But something about movies and these people is unreal, something intangible and it infuriates me that I cant skin them to bring them/these to my sense of reality.I get obsessed with some of their lives and some of the movies and scenes. I have loved bollywood for well over 15 years now ( add a few tamil and telugu movies to this list too ). I dont try to dignify it by calling it hindi film industry. I like it the way I have always known it to be. I love their music, dance, exaggerated sense of emotions, drama and relationships ( barring some real crap) I absolutely loathe bad acting. I will discuss some other time what is good acting for me. But having been brought up with bollywood ( part of routine), has given me some sense of differentiating between good/bad acting hence this self proclaimed film critic attitude :) This movie world is one of the biggest sources of my entertainment. I feel closer to characters on shows/movies than I would feel to some of the people.I love it and would always, however much people call it time wasting or ask me to get a life!
Basketball: Pure adrenalin rush this is. Purest of pure forms of it, I have felt on a basketball court during matches and practice sessions. I would get up at 5, 4,3 only for this sport and drag my physical frame to the court for this love of my life.It has taught me so much! To never give up even when I am trailing like a real loser. To never stop helping your team mate however injured you are.To lead when all hope is gone of winning a match and play till the last drop of your sweat.I dont play as well as I appear to because of my love for this game but I play enough to keep playing it all my life. I can spend hours on a basketball court and not feel bored or tired. It fills me up with a sense of belonging and is another home. It does not require anything else but my loyalty and love for the sport played on it.
I have loved books too but I would dedicate whole another outpouring for them!These things have made me who I am and probably who I would be for years to come. I get filled up with hope in this hopeless world as I feel, I at least have these to back me even when people are gone.The best friends who do not expect anything in return. No apologies, no guilt,no sense of betrayal from them :) Just pure two way love!
Life is beautiful because of these.
cute
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete