Home is where you are
Somewhere close, not very far
I can touch your breath
I can feel your thoughts
We turn our home into mayhem
I lovingly indulge all your tantrums
You cover me with a blanket while I sleep
You read my mind when I am in dreams, deep
I hold your hand without the need
I smile to wipe all your tears clean
Sometimes you hum a melancholy song
I try miserably to right your wrong
Even then if sinks, your heart
I put on a brave face and laugh
To bring you out of your grief
Oh how blissfully, together we live
Then at times you knock at my soul
Asking if it needs some cuddling
And you wrap me in your arms
And keep still until the dawn
You say I am beautiful
Even when the kohl has run down
Cheeks are bloated and eyes distraught
I look up at you with curiosity
At your misplaced trust in my displaced looks
I find love and no other loops
So I make peace with your generosity
And we smile like the love struck fools
I make a stinky questionable omelet
You eat it with no eyebrows raised
I try to cheat in an argument
You let me win with no plea made
I go high on your laughter
You swell with pride at my achievements
We roll with glee at a bad joke
You like pepsi, I like coke
I fall face down and you take the blame
Minutes later you laugh at my state
I sneak up on you to tickle you
You behave like you have no clue
You act attentive even when I make a fool of myself
When you know inside, this one's making no sense
Oh how we play our little games
This journey has been only fun
You are the biggest clown and compares no one
You ponder at something with great intensity
I make fun of it in your vicinity
You get mad and hit me playfully
I cherish all this and hold onto it.
We fall down clutching our stomachs
At every lame dance move of mine
I imitate your speech, your laugh
You chase me on the grass
You hit me with mock force
I make fun of you a little more
You yell and not speak for full 5 seconds
I smile at such an adorable attempt.
And so home is where you are
Somewhere close, not very far
Someday I will see you again
Your untidy hair and faded blue shirt.
I will touch your breath
You will hear my pain
When we meet again
When we meet again.
Somewhere close, not very far
I can touch your breath
I can feel your thoughts
We turn our home into mayhem
I lovingly indulge all your tantrums
You cover me with a blanket while I sleep
You read my mind when I am in dreams, deep
I hold your hand without the need
I smile to wipe all your tears clean
Sometimes you hum a melancholy song
I try miserably to right your wrong
Even then if sinks, your heart
I put on a brave face and laugh
To bring you out of your grief
Oh how blissfully, together we live
Then at times you knock at my soul
Asking if it needs some cuddling
And you wrap me in your arms
And keep still until the dawn
You say I am beautiful
Even when the kohl has run down
Cheeks are bloated and eyes distraught
I look up at you with curiosity
At your misplaced trust in my displaced looks
I find love and no other loops
So I make peace with your generosity
And we smile like the love struck fools
I make a stinky questionable omelet
You eat it with no eyebrows raised
I try to cheat in an argument
You let me win with no plea made
I go high on your laughter
You swell with pride at my achievements
We roll with glee at a bad joke
You like pepsi, I like coke
I fall face down and you take the blame
Minutes later you laugh at my state
I sneak up on you to tickle you
You behave like you have no clue
You act attentive even when I make a fool of myself
When you know inside, this one's making no sense
Oh how we play our little games
This journey has been only fun
You are the biggest clown and compares no one
You ponder at something with great intensity
I make fun of it in your vicinity
You get mad and hit me playfully
I cherish all this and hold onto it.
We fall down clutching our stomachs
At every lame dance move of mine
I imitate your speech, your laugh
You chase me on the grass
You hit me with mock force
I make fun of you a little more
You yell and not speak for full 5 seconds
I smile at such an adorable attempt.
And so home is where you are
Somewhere close, not very far
Someday I will see you again
Your untidy hair and faded blue shirt.
I will touch your breath
You will hear my pain
When we meet again
When we meet again.