You think

oh god this urge for writing never leaves me yet it doesnt provide me with an engaging theme or the best writing capabilities to put forth that theme, that topic. I yearn and yearn to write but nothing happens that drives the thoughts in my mind to be penned on a paper ( blog in this case).
How do we quantify the grasp over a language , a writing technique, a set of experiences that would enable us form something meaningful out of our thoughts? Do we have to be extremely good at a language or do we deem it sufficient what we already possess?

Not sure and afraid that I will ever know the answers of the questions mentioned above. I could rant what is disturbing me, I could form verses to make my thoughts poetic, I could intellectualize them and put them down in a way that no one understands,not saying that intellectualizing is bad but could be an obstacle for a reader who really does want to understand your thoughts and opinions.

But seriously the urge for writing just doesnt get sated even when I am out of the energy to write. What could I write about that hasnt been written already. How do I engage you when nothing engages me, when especially I give such fleeting attention to writing. I try to read but I cant anymore , I try to watch sensible things that would make me appreciate the writing behind it, be it comedy or serious thoughtful drama, but it works sparingly. So I listen to music at times that gives me inspiration. Dont think that because music pieces are short hence they capture my attention, because short stories and short movies do not appeal to me at all. I did not like short stories and I absolutely cannot stand short films. Very rarely a short story engages me and even then it would lead me to pine for more, it would make me want to beg the writer to write a bit more in that story.

Ironically , I try writing articles in few words and hence I fail because I do not like the idea of them myself. May be I should stick to poetry, may be I should not even write, may be I should get up now and leave this in a draft. What am I doing?

Such a dearth of tools in my own mind that I do not use the universe full of themes around me to encapsulate them in words.

2 comments:

  1. That's a long and well written article about how you aren't able to write anymore. Was irony the point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha no..usual saying whatever comes to the mind..

    ReplyDelete