SOARING TIDES

A pair of wings are given to me
Should I fly?
Or let this moment pass by?
The universe is all mine to see.

Let me hold this dream a little longer
Its been only a while since I closed my eyes,
To behold this beautiful sight
A few moments and I would wake up, dont wonder.

Floating on these soaring tides
Having in my hands, all that I can have
Getting back, everything that i had once lost
I experience a wonderful high.

The whole cosmos has been captured,
By me and in my heart, it lies entrapped
How will it get away from my grasp?
Unless I let it fall apart.

Dreams have a thin periphery
Falling back into reality is scary
Which one is mine?
A world I fly in or the other I live in?

I choose the real sky,
The real ocean and the real nights.
But only to go back to my dreams,
My clandestine universe and my soaring tides.

2 comments:

  1. hey supriya, terrific poem... it's wonderful... i can almost feel it... beautiful narration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole cosmos has been captured,
    By me and in my heart, it lies entrapped
    How will it get away from my grasp?
    Unless I let it fall apart.

    loved this specially ....

    publish em

    ReplyDelete